Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Innovate Mound?
Innovate Mound is an initiative to rebuild one of the most important corridors in Southeast Michigan: Mound Road. The vision of this partnership behind this effort is a roadway that incorporates the future of mobility and technology.
- 2. Why is this project important?
Rebuilding Mound road is critical for many reasons most obviously that it is in poor condition. However, instead of simply repaving the road, it benefits the long-term needs of local businesses to have a corridor that matches the level of innovation and technology in the area.
- 3. What improvements are being considered?
- 4. How much will this project cost?
The cost is an estimated $217 million.
- 5. When will the grant be decided?
Grant announcements are expected mid-2017 with additional funds for enhancements sought in 2018-2019.
- 6. When will actual construction on Mound Road start?
- 7. How Could Innovate Mound Plans Impact My Life and Property Value?
Please be advised that future plans to improve Mound Road will not affect private property with a few exceptions. The project scope would include a complete road replacement, SMART technology to improve traffic flow, vehicular access improvements at TACOM near 696, widening between 17 Mile Road and 18 1/2 Mile Road, pedestrian skyways near Metro Parkway and the GM Tech Center, and significant aesthetic improvements. As plans become more definitive we will hold additional public forums.
- 8. After the grant has been submitted, how long will it be before hearing back?
It will take approximately 4-6 months.